Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little help?

I took my sister's bridal pictures a few days ago. Sooooo much fun! I've been gearing up lately to pursue my childhood dreams and I'm really starting to get in to this. I've got several family portraits, newborns, an engagement and two weddings coming up soon. Should keep me busy for a while! Plus I just purchased some fun props and a couple of really fun lenses for the camera. I'm trying to build up my portfolio, so if you want to book a session with me for cheap, give me a call! Gotta practice! I'll give you the pics on a CD, touched-up if needed, copyright released. (I also have a GREAT canvas source if you want - my other sister!)

So...I'm having trouble naming my new photography venture. I'm so excited to get started, but I've got to have a name! It's a bit tricky, because I will want a website at some point also, so I'm trying to find a domain name I can snag right now, too. Please give me all the input, suggestions, advice on the name that you can. I'd really appreciate it! Here are the names I've come up with so far:

Flandro Foto
Shutter Butter
Love and Laughter Photography
Sweet Joy Photography
Classy Glass Photography
Sassy Glass Photography
and what is probably my favorite: Sweet Sassafras Photography

I don't know. I'd like to have a nice, fresh feel to the name...something people can remember...something reflecting sweetness, energy, love, light and a touch of sass. (Just a pinch of Chutzpah, a tad of attitude, a smidgen of spunk!) Come on, people. Weigh in on this. I'm counting on you!

11 comments:

Kikigirl said...

My picks are the Sweet Sassafras, Sassy Glass, and Love and Laughter. Awesome!! :)

Kierstin

Spencer said...

How about "Nice Sassafras?"

g said...

How's about Flandrotos? , Pixtreme, Heartmelt photography, PuraVida Pics, Clixchick, ShutterBud,Qtpix, snappyshots, ,or my favorite Snap simplicity. Sorry this is all I've got. I had some really good ones, but when I googled them someone had already stolen them.

Colin said...

i'm definitely a fan of Sweet Sassafras, but i don't know how the public will react. Flandrotos is clever.. haha. my sister--and it seems most people do this--just uses her name, Linday Daniel Photography. i think it's more personal and people will always be able to see the energy, love, light, and even sass in the pictures you put on your website. good luck. can't wait to see the bridals!! :D

Kristen and Co. said...

Colin- You're right. Most people do just use their name. While I think that's great, I want something different. I think it may stand out better. If I do settle on a name, It will probably be something like "Sweet Sassafras - (then something like a subtitle) Photography by Kristen."

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions! Keep 'em coming!

The Palmers said...

I do like Sweet Sassafras Photography the best.

Joyce said...

I vote Sweet Sassafras Photography. I think it is a clever name and will catch people's attention. Do you travel for your business? Say to Chicago to take pictures?? That would be nice....

Becky B. said...

I'm going to weigh in against Sweet Sassafras - I'm not even sure what Sassafras is anyway but I'm sure somehow it is against my religion.

Kristen and Co. said...

LOL! Nice, Becky. It's a tree!

the Brakey's said...

I love Sassafras! I keep it simple Sassafras Photography! And then when you have a minute, I need lessons!

The Grant Family said...

Hmmmmm....I like the Sweet Sasafrass too and for some reason the Love and Laughter sticks in my head too.

When the weather is better I may want to have you do a photo session with Ellie...she just turned one. Or maybe all the kids! How much will you be charging?