Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

My husband and I decided that we would trade off being in charge of celebrating Valentine's Day. This was my year. After we went out to eat, I thought I'd take my hubby on a walk down memory lane. Each stop had something tangible to commemorate the event. I made a playlist of songs to go along with it too. I think I had a bit too much fun putting this together!



This is where we met. Right after he graduated in Arizona, he came up to Utah to visit with old friends who had become my new friends. Love a first sight (for me, anyway)! I brought a keychain from the prom he took me to my senior year. The prom theme was "we can last forever." Love it!



We had our first kiss in the driveway of our good friend. His parents still live there. Spence was pretty shy. I had to get advice from my best girl friend at the time as to how to get him to kiss me. By principle, I couldn't kiss him, he had to kiss me. Her technique worked. Dig the painted mailbox. This picture doesn't do it justice. Gave him a giant Hershey's kiss. Sweet!



This is at the mouth of the canyon where he first told me he loved me. Awwwwww. Brought along a heart-shaped box of chocolates.



I worked at Inkley's at the time of his mission call. He had just picked me up from work when we opened the letter and read it together. Brazil! Here we are with the letter in hand.
I wanted to take him to the airport to represent our "goodbye" and our "hello" from the mission, but for the sake of time, we skipped that part. I did bring his mission name tag, though.



Here we are in front of the house I grew up in. Spence proposed to me on the back deck, but since we don't know the people who live there now, we're on the front sidewalk. He's holding the box my ring came in.



And, of course, our wedding. Yup. Got my veil on. He's such a good sport! We finished off the evening with some cheesecake. Appropriate since the whole night was a bit cheesy! We laughed, we cried, two thumbs up! Love you Sweetheart!

8 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

Kristen, I love it!! YOu are so creative...what a thoughtful and wonderful gift!!

Linda said...

That is such a fun idea! You are such a cute couple!

Heidi Ortega said...

That is so great! Love that you are that cheesy! I am also glad you like the mailbox i made for the folks about 5yrs ago.. it was the first thing i said when i saw the pic - "oh! thats my mailbox!"
:)

Michele said...

Very cute!! So who was your photographer?

Kristen and Co. said...

Tripod.

Becky B. said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

Really...WOW!
I didn't know your first kiss was in front of the Caldwells. How funny! Love the mailbox. Did they know you were there?

The Palmers said...

HOW FUN! I think a lot of guys really dig this type of stuff. I love it!